Homes are getting smarter every day. With Smart Home products such as Amazon Echo appearing on the market, there are many ways to keep your home safe and secure while offering valuable services. The ability to speak with a “computer” is one of the most impressive features that we have seen in recent years. However, in order for this technology to work, its best to have Smart Home products that are compatible with Amazon Alexa.
What is Alexa?
Alexa is the brain behind Amazon Echo. It comes built with many features that can answer questions, play music, read books and much more. It’s basically like a personal assistant in your home! Alexa can be controlled with voice prompts and responds to the name “Alexa”.
How does Alexa work?
Adopting technology similar to Apple’s Siri or Microsoft’s Cortana, users can tell Alexa what they want it to do such as “turn on the lights” or “play music”.
To work with your home devices you simply need to plug the device into a power socket and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. All of your voice commands will be transmitted via your home Wi-Fi network and is stored on servers. All of the data is kept completely anonymous.
Samples include “The traffic on my commute to work was awful” or “What’s my schedule for today?”. Users can even make calls with Alexa using voice commands.
Which products are compatible with Alexa?
Nest, Philips Hue and Wink are just a few of the compatible Smart Home products that work with Amazon Alexa. Which Video Doorbell will you choose in order to make your home more secure? Here is a quick rundown on some of the 10 most popular Video Doorbells that work with Alexa.
These video doorbells can all connect directly to an Amazon Echo system so it can announce who is at your front door or start recording when motion is detected in front of your camera. Pretty neat eh!?
Luckily, there are now plenty of models out there, but you have to beware because there are only a few that will fully integrate with an Amazon Echo system. Here are my top 10 tips – in descending order.
1. Amazon Cloud Cam
Amazon Cloud Cam is a very popular choice for those that want a simple solution to notify them when someone is at their door. It has excellent motion detection, and it can be set to record only when it detects motion at the door, which means you don’t have to go through and delete all of those video clips from random passersby. It also comes with a 7-day free trial of their cloud storage service so that you never miss a thing! This is an excellent Smart Home product for those that want quality, but don’t want to pay a fortune for it.
2. Samsung SmartCam HD Pro – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amzon
Samsung SmartCam HD Pro is one of the most popular video doorbells on the market and has been well reviewed by consumers. It features 2-way audio so you can see, hear and talk to people at your door. It also has an HD live stream so you can always keep an eye on what’s going on whether it’s day or night. This Smart Home product is compatible with Amazon Echo and has voice commands available. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
3. Ring Video Doorbell – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amazon Ring Video Doorbell is one of the most popular models on the market, and it has voice control capabilities. It also has a 160-degree wide angle lens so that you can see who is at your door no matter how far away they are. It operates via WiFi, but also comes with a free cloud storage plan so you can have your doorbell video saved forever. There is even an optional battery pack for those that are worried about power outages. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
4. SkyBell HD – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amazon
SkyBell HD comes with an excellent 1080p HD camera so that users can see who is at their door anytime. It has motion detection that will send you instant alerts when a visitor approaches your door, and even comes with built-in Wi-Fi so you won’t need any additional wiring to get it up and running. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
5. Ring 2 Doorbell – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amazon
Ring 2 Doorbell is another popular model from Ring that comes with a built-in camera and microphone so that you can see, hear, and speak to people at your door. You have several options for powering the device, including rechargeable batteries or hardwired power. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
6. SkyBell HD Pro – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amazon
SkyBell HD Pro has a very similar feature set to the original SkyBell HD that was mentioned above. It is an excellent choice for those that want a professional looking product that will be suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
7. Bell HD – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amazon Bell HD has many of the same features as the SkyBell HD Pro, including 1080p HD video resolution and built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. It is a bit cheaper than its counterpart, though, making it a good choice for those that want to save a few bucks. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
8. Zmodo Greet Pro – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amzon Zmodo Greet Pro is an indoor/outdoor Smart Home product that comes with an HD camera and a micro SD card for recording video right to your device. It also has excellent motion activation capabilities so that you get the most bang for your buck with this product. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
9. Wansview Greet Pro – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amazon Wansview Greet Pro comes with a 720p HD camera and built-in Wi-Fi, so you can get this product up and running quickly. It also offers two-way audio capabilities for chatting back and forth with door visitors. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
10. Ooma Telo – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amazon Ooma Telo comes with a 720p HD camera so that you can see who is at your door. It has night vision capabilities as well, in case you need to look out for visitors during the evening and nighttime hours. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
11. 2GIG BTI-436 – Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa? See Price on Amazon 2GIG BTI-436 is another Smart Home device that comes with an HD camera and microphone so that you can see, hear, and speak to people at your door. Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
This product is ideal for those who want to improve their security and prevent burglars from entering a home without permission. The doorbell can be installed in seconds, so you won’t have to wait forever in order to be notified of a guest. It offers advanced features such as 1080P HD video resolution, night vision and motion detection.
This is a smart sensor that you can use as part of a Smart Home security system. It detects when doors or windows are opened without permission and sends an alert to your smartphone. You will also receive a message if someone tries to tamper with the sensor.
So Which Video Doorbell Works With Alexa?
In this blog post, we answered the question which video doorbell works with alexa and gave you some examples of products available to buy now. Now its time to grab a great deal on your next vide doorbell! You can find out more about these products by clicking here if you’re ready to make an investment in home security or want something that is easy-to-install and won’t break the bank.
Last update on 2021-09-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API